Storing photos or pictures on the cell phone is the user’s way to capture beautiful memories. Unfortunately, not all cell phones have a jumbo memory capacity. This makes us often delete old photos, ex photos for example. You can also use the Cleaner application to clean the HP memory of files that are not useful.
Even so, deleting photos sometimes makes us regret that the memories will not be repeated. Especially if the photo stores historic moments in your life. Good news for you, gang! This time Jaka will tell you several ways to restore deleted photos. Curious? Stay tuned, yeah!
How to Restore Deleted Photos Easily
Actually, photos that you delete from the gallery will not disappear directly from your cellphone or laptop/desktop. There is a temporary storage folder that will hold photos that you have deleted.
However, if you have cleared the memory more than once or cleaned the Recycle Bin, the photo will disappear permanently.
The method that Jaka gave will work as long as you haven’t deleted the photos permanently. If you can not wait, get on with it, let’s go!
How to restore deleted photos on Android
The first way is to restore lost photos on a smartphone or Android device. Relax, you do n’t need to root your Android to restore deleted photos.
All you need is an application that is available for free on the Play Store and in other application stores. In fact, you can also use the default Google Photos application, you know!
1. Using Photo Recovery Software or Application
For you who like to use other gallery applications, aka not using Google Photos, there are actually many alternative applications to restore photos.
One of them is the Dumpster application. This application is arguably the Android ‘recycle bin’. Yes, you can manage all files (including photos) and organize deleted files.
Then how to restore deleted photos using Dumpster? Just follow the easy steps below:
- Install the Dumpster application on your smartphone or Android device.
- If so, immediately open the application and select the three-line icon located on the top left. Continue by selecting the Deep Scan Recovery option.
- The application will then bring up all photos that have been and have been deleted from your Android device. Select one or more photos that you want to return.
- After opening the photo, select Restore to Gallery. The photo will then automatically reappear in the smartphone gallery.
Besides Dumpster and other Android applications that are also available on Play Store, you can use the help of other applications or software on PC devices. One of them is Wondershare Dr.Fone.
2. Using Google Photos
Google Photos has now become one of the default applications from Google that functions for file management in the form of photos and videos that are widely used by Android smartphone users.
This application has various advantages, one of which saves thousands of photos even if you have deleted or accidentally deleted photos.
In other words, you can restore deleted photos easily in this application. How? Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Photos application on your Android smartphone. Then select the three-line icon at the top left.
- Continue by selecting the Trash option.
- The application will then display all photos that have been on your Android device, including those that have been deleted. Select one or more photos that you want to return.
- Select the three-dot icon on the top right, then select Restore. The photo will automatically reappear in the gallery.
For a complete way to restore deleted photos using Google Photos, you can learn and follow the steps in the following article.
How to restore deleted photos on an iPhone
iPhone itself is famous for its high-resolution snapshot quality photos but has a size that is enough to eat memory.
Not infrequently, many people who intentionally or unintentionally delete important photos on the iPhone to be more relieved.
If you want to know how to restore deleted photos on an iPhone, follow the steps below.
1. Recently Deleted feature
As Jaka said before, the photos you delete will not disappear directly from your cellphone memory but are stored temporarily.
iPhone has a folder called Recently Deleted which stores the deleted data. You can use this folder to restore photos.
Here’s how to restore lost photos in the iPhone gallery:
- Open the Photos application, then scroll down until you find a folder called Recently Deleted.
- The album will display photos that were deleted in the last 30 days. After 30 days, the photo will be permanently deleted.
- Tap on the photo you want to restore, then select the Recover option.
2. Using Software
If the photo you want to restore turns out to have been permanently deleted from the iPhone, you can use some software on your PC.
One way to restore deleted photos on an iPhone is to use the iBackup Extractor application.
Using this application is fairly easy. You can directly download the software via the following link.
Keep in mind, to use this method, you must first have a backup file that contains photos that you have deleted before.
However, this method will overwrite all files on your iPhone. All new files after the backup will disappear from your iPhone.
- Here are the steps you must follow:
- Download and install the iBackup Extractor software on your PC or laptop.
- Connect your iPhone, then open the software.
- Select your iPhone backup file from the list.
- Click the Photos tab on each backup to find deleted iPhone photos.
- After finding the photo you want to restore, select the file, then click Copy Photos.
3. Through iTunes
Just like the method above, you will rely on backups from your iPhone that have been stored in iTunes. This method will also overwrite the data that you just saved.
- Here’s how to restore photos on an iPhone through iTunes:
- Connect iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the iTunes application, then click on your device icon when it appears in iTunes.
- Select the Restore Backup option, after that, select the backup file that you want to recover to the iPhone.
- Click Restore then wait until the whole process is complete.
- Your iPhone will restart and restore deleted photos on the iPhone.
4. Through iCloud
Apart from iTunes, you can also restore deleted photos on an iPhone by using the backup feature via iCloud.
- Reset your iPhone via the Settings menu, then restart your iPhone.
- Follow the initial setup steps on the iPhone screen until the Apps & Data option appears, then select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your Apple ID, then select the backup you want to restore to restore the deleted photos on the iPhone.
How to Restore Deleted Photos on a PC / Laptop
In addition to cellphones, the problem of losing photos is also often experienced by users who store their photos on their PC or laptop. No need to worry because Jaka will also give you an easy way to restore it on a PC / laptop.
There are four methods you can do and are relatively easy to restore your favourite photos. Like what? Here are four ways:
1. Check the Recycle Bin
The first way is definitely you know. But to be sure, the first thing you should check when you want to restore deleted photos is the Recycle Bin.
Yes, the ‘trash can’ that is on a computer or laptop is a temporary dumpsite for files that have been deleted by users. Automatically, the photos that you deleted or accidentally deleted are still stored here.
By accessing this place, you can restore deleted photos to reappear in storage space and you can use them for various purposes.
The trick is to select the photo you want to restore, right-click on the mouse then select Restore. The photo will then automatically return to the PC / laptop device.
2. Using the Restore Feature Previous Versions
Have you checked and did not find the photo you meant in the Recycle Bin? Don’t worry! There are still other ways you can do to find the photo you are looking for.
You just have to go to the last folder where the photos are before you delete them. Right-click on the mouse then select Restore Previous Versions. A folder will appear where the last photo was located and you can restore to restore it.
3. Using Special Software
If the built-in features above aren’t enough to ‘kick’, you can try a variety of special software that can help you restore photos. Following Jaka give recommendations for some software that you can try:
- MiniTool Partition Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery
- PC Inspector File Recovery
4. Protect Data (Photos)
Prevention is better than cure. The phrase is suitable to describe this way. Yes, if you don’t want to lose important photos, back up your data first.
Copy the photos to a device other than a PC or laptop that you use as storage. That way, if the photos on your PC / laptop are lost, you can copy the photos that you have saved on another device.
The final word
That’s the article about how to easily restore deleted photos both on your Android cellphone, iPhone and PC, gang. Hopefully, it can be a solution, yeah!
Now you can restore important photos anytime without having to root your favourite smartphone or do god-level coding. Good luck!