Ever felt confused how to screenshot on your computer, gang? Is just pressing the Print Screen button enough?
You know, actually, there are other combinations that are more practical and maybe you don’t know beforehand as a way to screen capture your computer screen.
So, this time we will review the complete collection of screenshots on PCs and laptops easily, plus a drawing guide so you don’t get confused!
How to Screenshot on a PC or Laptop Windows 7, 8, and 10
The Windows operating system, starting with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, has several options for taking screenshots ( screenshots ) on a PC or laptop.
In addition to using the Print Screen button, there are several other methods whose results are no less effective. Curious?
1. How to Screenshot a PC with the Print Screen Button
The first and most essential way is to use the Print Screen button or PrtSc SysRc which will produce a screenshot by displaying the entire display on the screen.
To do this, you can try the steps on how to screenshot a pc without the application as follows.
- Step 1: Open the page on the PC or laptop that you want to take a picture of.
- Step 2: Press the Print Screen or PrtSc SysRc button located on the right side of your PC or laptop keyboard. Then the screenshot will be saved on the clipboard and all you have to do is paste it.
- Step 3: Open the Paint application and paste the screenshot ( Ctrl + V ). This is the result of a screenshot showing all the elements on the screen. To save, all you have to do is click File> Save As.
2. How to Screenshot a PC with the Alt + Print Screen Button
If you use the Alt + Print Screen key combination, you will only take pictures in the active window, for example when opening Word or playing a game.
For example, you can check the laptop screenshot as shown below.
- Step 1: Display the screen you want to capture. For example, this time we will take a screenshot of the Nox App Player which is above Google Chrome.
- Step 2: Press the Alt + Print Screen key combination to save the image on the clipboard.
- Step 3: Reopen the Paint application and paste the screenshot ( Ctrl + V ). Then only the Nox App Player window will be captured, not including Chrome and the taskbar.
3. How to Screenshot PC with Windows Button + Print Screen
Need a more practical way to screenshot on a PC or laptop? For example, without having to edit the Paint application and save directly?
You can automatically take screenshots directly using the Windows + Print Screen key combination. Here’s how to complete it!
- Step 1: Open the window or web page that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Step 2: Press the Windows key combination + Print Screen and watch the screen flicker when you take a screenshot.
- Step 3: For how to see the screenshot results on the computer that has been saved, you just go to the directory C: \ Users [username] \ Pictures \ Screenshots.
4. How to screenshot PC with Snipping Tool
Then there is the Snipping Tool which is known as one of the tools that are quite useful in taking screenshots on a PC or laptop with the Windows operating system.
Unlike the above, this screenshot method is useful on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, up to the Windows 10 version.
- Step 1: Open the page or window you want to screenshot, then press the Windows button. Type Snipping Tool and select the tool.
- Step 2: Then the Snipping Tool window will be displayed. Select New to take a screenshot of a new PC or laptop screen.
- Step 3: Select the area to be marked with a thin red border.
- Step 4: A screenshot preview will be displayed and you can edit it next. To save, you just have to tap File> Save As and select the directory you want.
5. How to Screenshot PC with Additional Applications
Besides using the default PC screenshot application, you can also use third-party applications. One of them is Lightshot which has almost similar features.
For a complete way, you can directly follow the steps as follows.
- Step 1: Download and install the Lightshot application that Jaka has provided at the link below.
- Step 2: If you have, you just press hotkeys Print Screen or PrtSc SysRc until the display screen turns dim.
- Step 3: Select the area to be captured by clicking and dragging the cursor.
- Step 4: Release the cursor, then you have selected the area to be taken. Here you can do editing like adding scribbles. If so, press the Save icon and save it in the directory you want.
The final word
Well, that’s the full review of how to screenshot on a PC or laptop, complete with picture guides that will certainly make it easier for you.
You also know that the Print Screen button has many unique combinations, right? Don’t forget to share this article with your other friends. Good luck!